Saturday, November 15, 2008

Isn't it a little too early...

I was on my way to the store today and while in the car I found myself listening to Christmas music. The radio stations were playing Christmas music in early November! When I arrived to the store, I was acquainted with the Christmas music again. The store was playing Christmas music on the intercom. There was even a Christmas tree, or as some would refer to call it a "Holiday Tree" in the front of the store. And not just a tree, but many, many Christmas decorations throughout the store. Did Christmas arrive and someone forget to tell me?

Can I just ask one question? Isn't it a little too early to celebrate Christmas? I mean, we haven't even had Turkey yet and all of a sudden we're into the holiday season. I always thought that the Holiday season began just after Thanksgiving. Am I right in this assumption? The day after Thanksgiving was supposed to be the biggest shopping day of the year. But now, it seems that the holiday season begins just before Halloween.

Christmas isn't the only holiday the stores seemed to have gone nutso about. It's Halloween, Valentines Day, etc. All of the stuff pertaining to these holidays is out on display way too early. Why the rush? Is it to remind the customers that the holiday is coming and its best that they start their shopping early? I guess they don't want their customers to forget to spend their money in their store.

It seems you can't go from one holiday to the other without a break. There's always something, or someone reminding you that the next one is on its way. Doesn't anyone want a break? I know I do. I'd like at least some breathing room between holidays. Everyone, please, can we try to put this stuff out within reasonable time before the holidays? Christmas is on the 25th of December. I don't think you need two months to prepare for it. I'd say Nov 20th or so would be about the right time to bring the Christmas stuff out. Any earlier than that is just too early.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please we had that shit out OCT 5th. hell we will have Easter out next month. thats jut freaking sad.

Sarainy said...

It is becoming a more common trend in England too.

All of the major holidays are being started so much earlier. I could understand if it was just by stores trying to make money, but as you say it's radio stations too.

Bah humbug I say! ;)