Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye, 2009

Goodbye, 2009. It was nice knowing ya.

2009 wasn’t a bad year, really. Not for me, anyway. It was much better than I anticipated. I even managed to fulfill a few of my resolutions. I’m hoping 2010 is even better. I approach the year with optimism even though I am not the most optimistic person in the world. Anyone who knows me well will verify this. Some of my readers may be aware of this already.

How was your 2009?

2009 was a pretty good year for politics, not as good as 2008, but good nonetheless. 2010 promises to be a better year for politics, and hopefully a better one for blogging as well. 2009 was also my first full year of blogging. I began blogging here in late July 2008. Prior to that I had a short lived blog at AOL Journals where I published maybe ten posts in all of two years. This blog, has been much more successful. Especially with the help of Entrecard. Though, I’m still not satisfied with the amount of page views/blog visits thus far and I suppose it will be something I have to work on in 2010. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I’ve compiled a list of my Top 10 favorite posts of 2009. Please, check them out and comment on them. If you have any favorite posts of mine, let me know in the comments. Here they are:

1) Former President Bush touts son Jeb for top job

2) Letterman takes on Blagojevich

3) Alex Rodriguez and steroid use

4) Daylight Savings Time Begins

5) A second stimulus package...

5) 30% Say Government Should Limit Pay for Athletes and Movie Stars

6) Earth Day

7) Rasmussen Reports April 16

8) Obama kills fly...PETA gets a hardon over it

9) Atheists sue to keep 'In God We Trust' off Capitol Visitor Center

10) Wingnuts?

It turns out I couldn’t stop at just 10 posts. So here’s a bunch more:

11) Health Care

12) Favorites

13) Tiger Woods?

14) Five 9/11 suspects to be charged in NY

15) SC Gov. Mark Sanford admits he's had an affair

16) People Choose News That Fits Their Views

17) NH becomes 6th state to legalize gay marriage

18) Voters Now Trust Republicans More than Democrats on Economic Issues

19) 79% Support U.S. Troops on the Border to Fight Drug Violence

20) Tired of hearing about Rush Limbaugh

21) One-Out-of-Seven Favor 90% Tax Rate for Millionaires

And there may be more. Maybe you can find them for me.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

No comments: