Sunday, January 4, 2009

Former President Bush touts son Jeb for top job

WASHINGTON – Another President Bush?

Perhaps so, says former President George H.W. Bush, who has already seen one son, George W., serve in the Oval Office. The nation's 41st president said Sunday that he would like to see a second son, Jeb, be president one day.

Jeb Bush is the current president's younger brother and a former popular governor of Florida. He is mulling a run for Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla.

Asked in a broadcast interview about Jeb Bush's consideration of the Senate seat, Bush 41 said: "I'd like to see him run. I'd like to see him be president someday."

When asked if he was serious, he said: "Or maybe senator. Whatever. Yes, I would. I mean, right now is probably a bad time, because we've had enough Bushes in there. But no, I would. And I think he's as qualified and able as anyone I know on the political scene. Now, you've got to discount that. He's my son."

The former president spoke on "Fox News Sunday" in an interview that was taped Friday in Houston.

He will be at the White House on Wednesday for a lunch with President George W. Bush, President-elect Barack Obama and former Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.

The senior Bush said he does not plan to offer advice to Obama and mainly wants to wish him well. "I talked to him right after the election and did that then, assured him that he was my president," Bush said.

The former president also plans to go skydiving once again, in June, to mark his 85th birthday. He will do so in tandem with an expert. "Just because you're an old guy, you don't need to sit around sucking your thumb drooling in the corner," he said. "Old guys can still do stuff, and that's the main reason."

Yahoo

Has this old man gone berserk? Wasn't it enough that he and one of his sons were president? I guess not. This daffy old twat wants to see his second son become President, too. The odds of this happening are slim, though. I don't think the American people would be foolish enough to fall for the third stooge for the third time. But then again, they did elect dumbass Dubya Bush twice. However, were smart enough to get rid of the first president Bush after one term, but ended up reelecting the dumber President Bush for a second term. I guess Americans are getting stupider as time goes on. So maybe Jeb has a chance after all.

I don't see Jeb being anything more than a senator. But stranger things have happened. I suppose it really wouldn't surprise me if this country elected the third President Bush. For this to happen, though, Obama would have to fail miserably to make the Bush years seem like the good old times. I suppose the only real shot Jeb would have to be President would be 2016 or 2020. He'd be too old for a run in 2024. Maybe Jeb will get his son Prescott Bush to run, instead. He'd be the only viable choice from the Bush family, I think.

I've had enough of the Bushes. Frankly, I'm Bushed and I hope America is, too.

No comments: