Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Songs vs. Christmas Songs

Why is it that we can’t wait to play Christmas songs a month and a half before the holiday? But once the holiday is gone, so are all the songs! Has anyone else noticed this? I hope some of you realize that there are Christmas songs and there are Winter songs. I’m afraid there are people out there who can’t tell the difference.

Silent Night, Joy To the World, O Holy Night. Obviously these are Christmas songs. Now look at Frosty the Snowman, it’s a winter song. So is Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, Sleigh Ride, Let It Snow! and I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm. Why is that once Christmas has come to pass you can’t find any of these songs being played anywhere? I don’t understand it. They are Winter songs! I think that Winter ends sometime around April, right? You could play the winter songs on the radio from November to April and it’d be accurate to do so (assuming there is still snow on the ground). Why do the Christmas and Winter songs get lumped together? Can’t you tell the difference? Doesn’t anyone pay attention to lyrics?

Am I wrong in my assumptions? What’s your take on this? Please leave your thoughts in the comments, and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

The BoBo said...

Never really thought about it..but..you're right.